Wednesday 14 November 2012

I Quit My Job Today.


Today I'm not goint to talk about crafts or business. Today I'm going to talk about something else.

I quit my job today. After a lot of consideration, I decided I no longer want to work for a company where I can't help the people I want to help. I've learnt a lot and I'm grateful for that, but it just wasn't cutting it anymore.

So I sat down with my boss and told him I was leaving the company and running away with the circus. I don't think he registered my attempt at clearing the air because he looked at me blankly for about 10 seconds, until I told him that no, I wasn't really running away with the circus. I just wanted to work for myself and help small business owners kick ass.

Thankfully, he understood (or maybe he was just relieved I wasn't going to spend my days hanging from a trapeze, that I'll never know) and he was okay with it. I've got a month left to work there, and after that I'll finally have time to focus on something that really excites me. Here's my pledge:

· I pledge that I will share with you my knowledge and ideas on how to run a small business so that it's easy, fun and rewarding.

· I pledge that I will do so in a simple way. I will let jargon like "know-how", "cash-flow", "core competency", "leverage" or "take it to the next level" crawl to a corner, die and smell bad, in that order. Because I know you don't want to read stuff like that.

· I pledge I won't talk about things you can't apply to your business.

That's all for today. Thanks for reading, I really, really appreciate it.

June.


2 comments:

  1. Big day! A glass of something is in order?
    I am sure you will do great on your own, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sonya! And yes, a lot to celebrate =)

    ReplyDelete